Paddle boarding is suitable for all ages, guys and girls, and all different types of people, you don’t need to be athletic or sporty to enjoy stand up paddle boarding. Whatever your size or weight it doesn’t matter as you can enjoy paddle boarding too. To get the best experience it is important to buy the right board, again this doesn’t matter on your paddle barding level as different boards all suit different people and also how they will use it.
Things to consider when buying a SUP for heavy riders:
- Board Length
- Max Load
There are some great boards on the market that cover all these and are ideal for heavier riders and have great stability on the water.
Best SUP For Big Guys 2019
I have rounded up the best boards that are great for larger guys and girls. All these boards are a good length and have a good weight limit making them ideal.
|iSUP||Isle 11' Explorer Inflatable SUP||Red Paddle Co Explorer||iRocker 10' iSUP||Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer||Tower Xplorer 14' Inflatable SUP|
|Max Weight||275lbs||330 lbs||350 lbs||350 lbs||700 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
Inflatable Boards for Heavy & Tall Riders
Below I have given details on the top boards that are certainly worth considering. These boards are great on all types of water, be it still, river or ocean. The length of the boards make them great for use in the sea or small waves.
Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP
A good all rounder is the Tower Paddle Boards Adventurer Inflatable 9’10” SUP, it has a 350lbs weight limit and is a good length offering good stability on the water. This is one of the most popular boards on the market and is a great shortboard, at under 10′ it has one of the highest max weight loads there is for this type.
With this board you get an adjustable paddle and a pump for the SUP. This is another popular board and great for beginners, it is basic and does everything well however if performance is important then it is worth looking at other boards.
- [WIDE SUP DESIGN] – The Tower Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board is 9’10” long and provides 32” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing.
- [SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY] – The large single bottom fin helps improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike.
- [MILITARY GRADE MATERIAL] – 6” Thick Military-Grade PVC material and Drop-Stitch construction provides extreme durability. Never worry again about dings and board cracks.
Tower Xplorer 14′ Inflatable SUP
For maximum stabilty and for maximum weight load the Tower Xplorer is the board for you, it is 14′ in length and has a max load of 700lbs. With a max load like this it makes it great for couples or parents and kids to all go out on the same board. With the size of this board it is even better that it is an inflatable SUP, this makes it easier to transport, carry and also store. As it is inflatable it can be stored in the trunk/boot of your car, you can carry it and it is also lighter once deflated.
- Package comes with a high-pressure pump and 3-pc adjustable paddle
- PRODUCT SPECS: Weight Capacity- Up to 800 pounds. 10-11 PSI, 14' length x 32" width x 8" thick
- PORTABLE: Rolls up like a sleeping bag. Easier to store, easier to transport.
This board is great for larger riders and paddle boarder that wish to go out on one board with other users, be it an other adult or kids, the size makes this possible while maintaining good stability and performance on the water. This is also one of the thickest inflatable paddle boards on the market at 8 inches, it has 3 find and is 32″ wide.
Red Paddle Co EXPLORER 12’6 x 32″
I’m a big fan of the Red Paddle Co boards and the Red Paddle Co EXPLORER 12’6 x 32″ is a stylish choice, while also ticking all the boxes for performance, stability and extras. Not only does it look good it comes with a great carry bag for it, a very well made hand pump as well as having good grip on the board and it comes with a free Waterproof Phone Case too.
- Includes NEW Red Paddle Co. 12-6 Explorer + Titan Pump + Red Paddle Co. Backpack + Waterproof Phone Case + Flex Fin ER SUP Pressure Gauge. The Red Paddle Co Explorer is an amazing destination paddle board. Designed to be paddled by those who want to know what is around the next bend in the river. No need to leave cars at each end of your trip, just jump on a train, bus or taxi to get home.The new carry bag is so comfortable you could even walk home.
- The Explorer is also an amazing platform for fishing with loads of space on the deck to stash the catch of the day.
- The 150mm thickness makes for high buoyancy and superb stiffness. Multiple cargo tie-down sections allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail.
At 12’6″ in length it is also 32″ wide and 6″ in thickness, with a max load of 330lbs this is a really good all rounder and certainly my choice. It is on the pricey end of the scale however it comes with lots of extras, is well made and I think it is one of the best looking inflatable stand up paddle boards out there.
iRocker 10′ iSUP
This board is 10 feet long and 6 inches in thickness. With a max weight load of 350lbs it comes with the board, a dual action high pressure hand pump, 1 adjustable aluminum paddle, and back pack carry bag once deflated. The iRocker is constructed with military grade materials, you can paddle it into the rocks or drive over it with your vehicle and it will withhold.
- EXCLUSIVE SPORT DESIGN 10' Long x 30" Wide x 6" Thick Weight Limit up to 350lbs Board Weight 20 lbs
- FAST SHAPE Rigid Construction Performance Shaped designed to Minimize Drag while Gliding Through the Water (Also check out iRocker All Around for a wider board with more stability)
- COMPLETE PACKAGE Includes Board Adjustable Paddle Carry Backpack Dual Action Hand Pump
The iRocker has a 2 year manufacturers warranty giving piece of mind on the investment, but overall this is another good all round board.
Isle 11′ Explorer Inflatable SUP
New for 2016 the Isle 11′ Explorer Inflatable SUP is another great all round paddle board, it is a good length and has a max weight load of 275lbs. This is a popular board and provides good stability while also having good performance on the water too. With the board you also get a 3 piece Aluminum adjustable travel paddle, carry bag for the board once deflated, a high pressure pump, 1 removable travel fin as well as a repair kit.
Isle Tandem 15 ft Megalodon iSUP
If you want something huge then this 15 feet long paddle board by Isle is certainly that. Designed for multiple paddle boarder this really is a massive board. Although an inflatable SUP it still takes a max load of a whopping 1200 pounds.
This huge board features D rings and a bungee so that you can store a dry bag or flip flops. With the board being so large and for multiple paddlers, it comes with 4 paddles too.
How big of a paddle board do I need?
You want to find a paddle board that is good for your size, if you are new to paddle boarding you may want something bigger to help give stability on the water allowing you to become more confident. The larger the board the more stable it is, however typically less responsive in the water and a little slower. If you are not sure what to buy then it is better to start off with a larger board then downsize when you are more comfortable.
If you want any advice then drop a comment below and I can try and help.