The Red Paddle Co 10’6″ is one of the best inflatable SUPs on the current market. If you are looking for an iSUP to buy, then this might be just what you need. Not only is it affordable, it is made of some of the best quality materials available, making it highly durable and long lasting.
Red Paddle Co 10′ 6″ Review
This model has so many great features working for it and very few things that need a little tweaking. So, what is the Red Paddle Co 10’6″ Stand Up Paddleboard? Simply put, it is an updated model that suits a 2016 customer to the tee. It is a very stable and wide inflatable SUP that provides each user with tons of deck space and cargo room. It is easy to maneuver and can carry more than one person onboard without any risk of tipping over, taking on any water or sagging in the middle.
Before we dive in, here is a summary of some key features to be aware of with this model:
- Its board is more rigid thanks to its newly improved seals, caps, stronger threads, and quality material used.
- Comprises of three fins instead of one. Each of these fins are about three inches long.
- It is made with double layer construction
- Has a nice long deck that makes standing or kneeling very comfortable
- Comes with a great upgraded rolling backpack
- Comprises of several D-rings at front and back that can be used to secure your gear
The Red Paddle Co 10’6″ includes some fantastic upgrades. These upgrades can be noticed from its MSL Fusion construction, the new padded handles, integrated leash D-ring and tail handle, and its stainless steel tie-down rings. Measuring at a length of 10’6’’ and a width of 32’’, this model will provide you with lots of space. If you are a beginner, then you need to understand the importance of a stable paddleboard.
It is very important to find a model that is stable as possible. If you are unsure of how to go about this, it is quite simple; the bigger the board, the more stable it is. Another thing to look out for is your board’s thickness. The Red Paddle Co 10’6″ SUP has a thickness of 4.7’’. Thicker inflatable SUPs are easier to balance as they provide your body with a stable and solid platform to stand on.
When you have a big paddleboard such as this, you will be able to have more than one person on board. You can easily have a great outdoor session with you and your kids. You can easily take your kids along with you without worries about tipping over. It still maintains a great glide performance throughout. Finally, the Red Paddle Co 10’6″ would make a great yoga board!
To be fair, most companies make very decent backpack carry bags for inflatable SUPs. However, Red has gone a step further. This by far is the best backpack available. How you ask? Firstly, this bag is made from highly durable and quality materials. It is very long lasting and can be used for years to come – provided you keep it clean and store safely. Secondly, it is extremely functional. Your bag will come with an all round zip that makes loading and unloading your paddleboard a breeze.
Its shoulder straps are padded, providing great comfort regardless of length of your journey. If you are not up to carrying it on your back, you can always opt to tuck your shoulder straps away and use those two wheels located at the bottom – It has a rolling backpack. Talk of convenience! You can roll your SUP anywhere you want to go. There are carry handles on both sides as well top and bottom, giving the handler plenty of places to grab and carry their bag.
- The Ride collection of boards from Red Paddle Co. are designed for use across a wide range of conditions by all experience levels.
- The 10'6 Ride is the perfect all around board. If you could only have one board, this is board we would tell you to get.
- Designed to float and glide easily on flat water, with just the right amount of rocker (curve) so that it rises smoothly and predictably in surf.
This model, same as past Red Paddle Co comes with a Titan Pump. This pump makes pumping in air so much faster – it makes inflating board a much faster process. Also, it works well with a tall or shorter person. Unlike other pumps, you will not struggle to angle your legs nor shoulders. Titan Pump does a very efficient pumping job as it doubles input volume of air with every stroke. You can begin and finish inflating your SUP twice as fast than other persons and be on your way.
Included SUP Accessories
- One Red Paddle Co 10’6″ board
- Titan pump
- A repair kit with glue and patches
- Waterproof phone cases inclusive of inflation instructions, pump tips, and care tips
- A wrapping strap to use for keeping SUP rolled up
- The fin
- A rolling bag
What I Love About It
- Extremely stable
- Comprises of dual cargo areas
- It is an excellent paddleboard as it provides exceptional glide and tracking
- Extremely stable and rigid
- Has top of the line finishing
- Quick inflation time, thanks to its Titan Pump
- Easy to carry just about anywhere – even on a plane thanks to its rolling backpack
- Has multiple carry handles
- Very comfortable shoulder straps
- Very light and easy to store when deflated
What We Dislike
- If you are a smaller paddler, it can be a bit difficult for you to get the hang of it. It is more suitable for larger person.
- It is a bit expensive
When it comes to paddling, there are many key features one needs to looks out for before making a purchase. Red Paddle Co 10’6″ Stand Up Paddleboard offers a variety of features. It comes in a beautiful white/blue color that merges beautifully when in water.
This Red Paddle Co SUP is sturdy, rigid, and very stable. It can hold more than one person without tipping over of sinking in the middle. It is easy to maneuver through all kinds of water conditions. This is by far our favorite inflatable on the current market. If you are looking for a board that you can use for flat water paddling, touring, yoga, or even to surf those small waves, then this is it.
It can be used by any level skill – from beginner to an advanced paddler. It is highly durable and will not disappoint. If you have any questions regarding our review, please comment below.
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Red Paddle Co 10' 6
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- ConstructionEditor: 90%
- StabilityEditor: 89%
- AppearanceEditor: 92%
- PerformanceEditor: 92%
- WarrantyEditor: 85%
Summary: This Red Paddle Co SUP is sturdy, rigid, and very stable. It can hold more than one person without tipping over of sinking in the middle. It is easy to maneuver through all kinds of water conditions.