Finding your inner strength is as easy as finding your local studio. Yoga is an excellent form of exercise for both your body and your mind. Spirituality and physical endurance are in perfect sync every time you really get into a routine. It creates a mood of relaxation while stretching and toning muscles. For many people, yoga has become an integral part of their lives.
There are many different class types and levels so you never have to get bored with the same routines. With all the different options yoga has to offer, it was only natural that it has a place on the water. Yoga has always been incorporated with nature, and practicing on water is nothing short of amazing. To get the most out of your yoga routine, consider a stand up paddle board so you can get in on the excitement.
Best SUP Yoga Paddle Boards
Inflatable boards are suggested for yoga because of the surface they offer. Hard boards will mimic a floor while inflatable once will feel more like your yoga mat. Here are the five best inflatable SUP for yoga.
ISLE Airtech Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board
This particular SUP is geared toward women, so it is not going to be for everyone. It measures 10’4″X31″ and is 6″ thick. It is designed specifically for yoga with a wider nose and tail for stability.
There is a rail paddle mounted bungee system so you never have to worry about your paddle getting in the way. The materials that make up the board are strong and durable so rips or tears will be far from your mind. In the unlikely event that an accidental tear does occur, this package also includes a patch repair kit. A few other extras include a travel paddle, a backpack and a pump for your board. Overall this is a quality product that anyone would be happy to take out onto the water.
- MVP = MOST VERSATILE PADDLER: This board is a great all-around iSUP, perfect for recreation, yoga/fitness, multi-person paddling, fishing, and more. The full-length traction pad allows you to share the paddle boarding experience with your dogs, kids, friends, and gear!
- GROOVED EVA TRACTION PAD: ISLE's updated soft brushed EVA traction pad now has grooves for extra traction and maximum comfort on bare skin. It’s non-abrasive when knee paddling or practicing yoga on the deck, yet it's still durable enough for your pet's rough paws
- ULTRA DURABLE DESIGN: Constructed with Military-Grade PVC that is 6" thick when fully inflated. Forget about dings or blown seams thanks to our AIRTECH FUSION LITE manufacturing process that’s durable and lightweight. Updated, grooved traction pad is non-abrasive and non-slip.
NIXY Yoga 10’6″ Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard
The inflatable SUP from NIXY is designed for beginners who may not have their sea legs just yet. Keep in mind that it does take a certain amount of skill to be able to do yoga on a surface that moves this easily, so everyone has to start somewhere.
This board measures 10’6” x 34″ x 6″ and can support any rider up to 240 pounds. It is made from PVC materials, giving it the feeling of a hard board. This adds to the overall durability making sure you never have any rips or tears on your board. NIXY has also added an attachment for a kayak seat. This is perfect for all those who like to change up their routine from time to time. The package includes the board, pump, travel pack, aluminum paddle and ankle cuff. You will have everything you need for a day out on the water.
Lotus YSUP Inflatable SUP Board
Advanced Elements is a well known and respected brand when it comes to sports equipment. Their SUP is no exception. This model measures 10’X32″ with a thickness of 6″. There is increased foam traction on a large portion of the board for superior grip and comfort. This is especially important for those who like to do more complicated poses.
The wide base adds to the stability while the stiffness of the outer material will give you an excellent platform. The durability is accentuated by the high pressure 6″ drop stitch giving the board a sturdy outer shell that anyone will fall in love with. When you add in the colors and sleek design, this board comes pretty close to perfect.
- High pressure 6" thick drop-stitch material allows for ultra stiff performance
- Extra wide for increased Large traction foam area for improved grip and comfort ability
- Large traction foam area for improved grip and comfort
Naish MANA 9’10 Inflatable SUP Board
This board comes highly recommended. It measures 9’10” long and 34″ wide and can hold up to 230 pounds of weight. Though not made specifically for yoga, this model is extra wide to handle a variety of poses.
It is geared toward beginners so there is extra stability and traction making it ideal for yoga. The package includes the pump, carrying case, paddle, and pressure gauge. The gauge is especially handy to make sure you always have the perfect amount of air pressure under your feet. This board even comes in a few different designs so you’re personal style can show through. If you want to incorporate SUP yoga into your life, this board would be a perfect place to start.
- Full Wood Sandwich Deck & Bottom= Natural load spread + energetic flex
- Molded EPS Closed Cell Core= Lightweight + resistant against potential water leakage
- Half Deck Glass Reinforcement= Impact strength + durability
Mermair Inflatable Yoga Paddle Board
With this type of yoga, it is important to have a top of the line surface. The inflatable SUP from Mermair is the longest and widest on this list measuring 10’6″X35. There is an extra long surface pad made specifically with yoga in mind.
Every aspect of this board has been customized to suit anyone who wants to fine tune their craft over the water. There are four tie-down points so you can secure your paddle or even a small cooler. The kit includes the board, three piece paddle, mesh backpack, removable fin, and repair kit. For all those who are serious about purchasing a SUP for yoga and nothing else, this board is an excellent choice. Seeing the design was made with this idea in mind, you really can’t go wrong.
- Extra long, soft deck pad that's perfect for yoga and fitness
- 4 tie down points on the front give you the freedom to bring a cooler or attach your paddle
- Accessories include 3 piece paddle, board strap, mesh backpack, removable center fin, and repair kit
Seeing as you are looking into an inflatable board, SUP yoga is clearly important to you. The idea of yoga over the water is intriguing. However, always keep in mind that everything takes practice. If you love yoga but have never tried a paddle board, take the time to gain some experience and do some research. It is not particularly easy to get started, so before you attempt a tree pose, spend some time getting a feel for the board itself.
Once you get the hang of it start with simple poses and work from there. Your board will only get you so far. The rest is up to you.